FOOTLOOSE NEWSLETTER MARCH 2018
A massive thanks to ALL walks leaders and event organisers since the last newsletter in January! We welcome Derwent to the committee and thank Tony for his continued work in the handover period.
WHAT’S COMING UP? [F = fully booked]
Some great walks / events coming up, organised by committee members and non-members alike.
· 8 / 9 April. Skiddaw House YHA stay
· [F] May. Crete holiday
· 7 June. Planning meeting – Derby Arms, Witherslack. A good opportunity to eat and meet up.
· Tues 26 June. Orienteering – Norman and Cliff
· Summer. Roy may organise a canoeing event
· [F] 15 Aug. Charnley Round
· [F] 30 Sept -2 Oct. York holiday
· 6 Oct – Ceildh- Castle Street Kendal. There wasn’t enough interest to book our own ceilidh this year- but we can join a public event instead- plenty of time to practice!
ANY ACTIONS FOR YOU?
Emails to follow on how to pay for the summer social, and how to book for one off events like orienteering / ceilidh.
If you want to know about cycling with Footloose and are not already on John Lee’s ‘cycling email list’ – please let him know so you can keep in the loop
If you haven’t already- please like our Facebook page – ‘Footloose Walking’. It's a good way for new members to find and contact us. There’s some nice photos on there too
Only one walk was cancelled due to weather, and a few moved to plan B (or Z). There have been some great turnouts
We wish Julie a continued recovery from her skiing accident – she is off crutches now! Hearty congratulations to Simon and Christine!
Please let the committee know if you have any events to publicise for the next newsletter, or if you have any questions.
Best wishes from the Committee